Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dog Show

6 x 6"
oil on masonite

This little guy wraps up my work for an upcoming group show at 16 Patton ~ the theme is contemporary portraits and still lifes. I'm anxious to see the other artists' works too.

Please click here for a larger view and purchase information.

I also wanted to thank my friend Laura Sweet for today's blog post 'The Art of Art Appreciation: Paintings of People Looking at Paintings' on her fabulous blog 'If It's Hip, It's Here'. I appreciate being featured along with several artists' interpretations of this subject.


4 comments:

Melody said...

Thanks for mentioning Laura Sweet's blog. I checked it out and have marked it as one of my favs

ArtGirl said...

I love the dog series...I am not always a fan of animal paintings...I have no idea why, because I love animals! But I really, really enjoy these last few dogs of yours! Great

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I can just feel this little dog's personality popping out at me. Beautiful!

Barbara Muir said...

Your paintings are amazing. This dog series is beautiful, rich, vital
and abstract at the same time.