Friday, May 2, 2008

Home Runs


Despite all my flops this past week, I think I hit a home run. In the next breath I doubt my own judgement - there's been dozens I've beamed over only to have a smidgeon of interest. Another thing that comes with the job.

Now what you're seeing is less than a square inch of the finished painting. I just can't reveal the entire piece until the time is appropriate. I've taken on a new direction this year - staying loyal to several galleries and in between I jump in on a few competitions and accept other invitations to special exhibitions around the country. It's hard work and it's right at my comfort level. We'll see how it goes. And yes, I will always continue offering small work on auctions. Speaking of which, I'll get right on it.

I do want to add - this painting in its entirety and another piece will be included in a Summer Catalog published by Morris & Whiteside Galleries, and will be posted on my website and theirs in mid-June.

7 comments:

Mark Bridges said...

Is this a Tease? Can't wait to see more. And the imovie.... ? You have to check out Daily Monster. Makes me laugh.

Melody said...

Can't wait to see the entire piece

Dianne Mize said...

Appears you are bursting forth into your own. Keep traveling. Not to worry about the duds; they serve their own purpose in keeping our adrenaline levels where they should be.

Johnnie Sielbeck said...

You sound jazzed! The new direction must be taking you where you need to go. This is a great little postage-stamp-sized bit of a painting; love that light on the back of the neck.

Deb Kirkeeide said...

This little square inch is in itself a wonderful little painting. We evidently have to have those strike outs in order to hit the home runs!

sixty-five said...

It looks like an updated version of the famous Caillebot Paris Street, Rainy Day!

Anonymous said...

so when do we get to see the whole thing?