Thursday, December 1, 2011

More of the Hilton Head Gang

4 x 4"
oil on masonite

And a happy December to you. I've been working on a larger painting, I can't say much about it yet, when it's official I surely will. I put it away for the day, thought I'd warm up with another mugshot of our infamous Hilton Head Gang.

Our third gang member is Linda 'the Joker' Popple - Linda disarms her victims with humor and then shoots with reckless abandon. Yes, Linda thinks she is funny, but her crimes are very serious. Please approach her with with caution. Linda was last seen driving off Hilton Head Island wearing a teal sweatshirt and a blue baseball cap driving a red convertible sports car as she was laughing and shaking her camera at the wind. Authorities followed her until she left them in the dust....

For more information or clues to her whereabouts, check out her blog.



10 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Ah...I figured you were working on some big something special! Can't wait to see. In the mean time, this is fabulous! Love the whole shebang! You can just flat out paint a face and have it be so gorgeous in every way...Wish we had done this series for our HHI group. Love it and Linda has my vote for funniest artist ever...especially after a cosmo!

Regula Scheifele said...

Karin - I was wondering what you were up to. "A larger painting" sounds intrIguing, can't wait to see it.

I love your Joker-portrait. You captured a facet of Linda that's not too obvious at first sight.

Maria Bennett Hock said...

Looks great Karin!

carol morgan carmichael said...

Love this KArin. So good and funny!

Cathy Engberg said...

oooo... she's quite a joker! I love your brush strokes. I need to learn more from you!

Can't wait to see your larger painting. How large is it?

Karin Jurick said...

16x16
Big for me.

Kay Wyne said...

Somebody in Texas needs to buy this painting and post it on a billboard in downtown Dallas or better yet, Arlington where Linda lives. Great painting. I knew who it was immediately. Paint on......

Linda Popple said...

I LOVE this, Karin! You are soooo good!

Can't wait to see your larger work. I know it is going to be fabulous! :-)

Terri Buchholz said...

Karin - I love the kinetic energy in this and all your paintings. So excited about this latest, bigger project you're working on!

showtimeart.com said...

Lovely portrait with confident brush strokes. I'll come back for sure.