Saturday, May 26, 2012

Update on Future Workshops

Registration is now open for my workshop in New York City - taking place the week of May 28 - June 1, 2013.  The studio is in the National Academy, a newly-renovated and larger space allowing up to 20 students.   I'm very excited, this will be my third workshop at this location.

Let me tell you a little more about it - the National Academy is across the street from the Guggenheim Museum, on 5th Avenue - in the Upper East Side of Manhattan.  We will start on the Tuesday after Memorial Day, paint every morning and break in the afternoons to get out in the city to photograph.  One of those days will be a longer studio session.  The workshop ends on Saturday afternoon, June 1st.

As in my past workshops, the gist of the workshop is about painting from photos - I do a demo every day, go over how to edit your photos on Photoshop and prepare the image for painting.  Students will paint from their own photos during the week, with my assistance on the process.

New York City is an incredibly image-rich location - museums, cityscapes, people, dogs, park scenes, restaurant scenes - I could go on and on.  You will not only enjoy painting from your photos during the week, you'll amass hundreds of images to paint from when you return home.

The workshop registration is handled by the Sedona Arts Center - the arts director, Vince Fazio, will assist students with editing and printing during the week.  If you are eager for an inspiring experience like no other,  contact the Sedona Arts Center and sign up.  More information can be found here, including contact phone numbers and online registration.

An additional note - my workshop held this October/November, on Hilton Head Island, still has 7 openings available.   The workshop begins on Monday, October 29 and concludes on Friday, November 2, 2012.  The studio is huge, on the top floor of the Arts Center of Coastal Carolina - this will be my third workshop at this location.  More information can be found here,  including online registration and contact phone numbers to the Sedona Arts Center.

One more thing - I promised to post when I had new PaintOn Tabletop Easels - there is 1 brand-new easel available now, click here to purchase yours.  

Thank you for signing up, I'd love to have you join me.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend ~

No comments: