Saturday, August 31, 2013

"Feather Head"

6 x 6"
oil on panel
sold


Painting came a little easier today.  I don't know why but I relish a day like this.   And yes, this quirky guy really was dressed for a day at the museum, I don't make up these things.

From the Art Institute of Chicago, a colorful guy in his feathered cap viewing Van Gogh's 'Portrait of Joseph Roulin'.

and..... wishing my good friends, Karen & Neil Hollingsworth, a successful opening tonight at Tree's Place Gallery in Orleans, Massachusetts.   Here's two of my favorites that are in the show.


'Night Owl'
by Karen Hollingsworth


'Sunbeam No. 2'
by Neil Hollingsworth


and.... Brett has 2 brand-new Tabletop Easels ready to purchase and 2 brand-new AlterEasels. If you're ready to get painting,  I think you'll love either one of these - it makes the experience a lot more pleasant.


Paint On Tabletop Easel


 Paint On AlterEasel





3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

NICE Post!
Love the Van Gogh painting!

cath said...

Magnifique!

Lisa Graham said...

Great capture...made me chuckle. No one dresses like that in Kansas. They wear spurs though.

I love Karen's work too.