Saturday, August 23, 2014

"The Blues"

6 x 6"
oil on panel
sold


Often I am asked how I am so prolific with painting.  First there's motivation and mine, right now, is to raise enough money to take a trip to Chicago in September.

As for prolific - I have a simple method - I find something to binge-watch while I'm painting.  I once finished 32 paintings in 2 months while watching the entire series of The Sopranos.  I kid you not.  The trick is, I stay put in my seat and cut out any distractions except what's on the tube and on my easel.

Lately,  I've gone thru Top of the Lake, Durham County and now Lost.  I will take this opportunity to plug Roku, which streams in Netflix and tons of others.  

And that's my method of cranking out painting after painting.

From the Art Institute of Chicago, a woman in blue views Claude Monet's 'Irises'.




2 comments:

Sharon Rose Smith said...

The stuff I learn from you never ceases! :)

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Thank you for the tip
I know when I sew, listening to the radio helps my concentration. I'm going to try painting and television.