Tuesday, March 21, 2017

"Early Saturday Morning"


A group show is coming up in April with the theme Homage - and we were to choose an artist who has inspired us and create a painting based on one or more of their artworks as a homage

My pick was Edward Hopper, a personal favorite of mine.  I chose two of Hopper's works, shown below...


Early Sunday Morning


Summertime


I combined the two in my painting titled Early Saturday Morning, a row of storefronts on a quiet Saturday morning in Logan, Iowa.


 24 x 8"
oil on panel


 detail


 detail


detail


The group show, represented by Robert Lange Studios in Charleston, will be exhibited at the Vendue Hotel opening April 6th thru September.

Please click here for a larger view and pre-show purchase/contact information.



3 comments:

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

All l can say is, "WOW!"

Stephie Z said...

I have been viewing your website for a couple years now at least and have always loved your museum series. Imagine my surprise when I walk in to Robert Lange Studios in Charleston this weekend. Your painting were even better in person. So glad I could view them.

Karin Jurick said...

Thank you Stephie, much appreciated.